The seminar “Rotterdam and Hong Kong Make One Belt, One Road Work for You” that was held on Friday 30 June at the Hilton Hotel in Rotterdam attracted 204 guests. The event was held as part of the events organised on the occasion of the 20th anniversary of the establishment of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region.
The organisers of the seminar were the Netherlands Hong Kong Business Association, the Hong Kong Economic and Trade Office, Brussels, the Hong Kong Trade Development Council and Invest HK. Supporting companies and organisations included Rabobank, Loyens & Loeff, Rotterdam Partners, 1421 Consulting, Moore Stephens Consulting, HKWJ Tax Law and ICG International.
During the seminar expert speakers from China, Hong Kong and Europe focussed on the creation of the New Silk Road as well as on the way companies can use the New Silk Road to grow business in the Netherlands, Hong Kong and China.
For presentations, scroll down.
Special guest speakers included
- Mr. Vincent Boon-Falleur, Managing Director, Moore Stephens Consulting in China
- Mr. Wando Boevé, Special Advisor to the Management Board ECT (Europe Container Terminals)
- Mr. William Chui, Regional Director Europe, Hong Kong Trade Development Council
- Mr. Daniël de Blocq van Scheltinga, past Chairman Dutch Chamber of Commerce in Hong Kong
- Ms. Angelica Leung, Head of Consumer Products, Invest Hong Kong
- Mr. Michiel Nijdam, Corporate Strategist, Port of Rotterdam
- Mr Jack Peters, Director Business Development Benelux Region, Alibaba Group
- Mr. Ewout Stumphius, Partner, Chairman of the China team, Loyens & Loeff
- Mr. Tjard Westbroek, Global Sector Head Supply Chain, Rabobank
- dr. ir. Ying Zhang, Associate Dean for China Business & Relations, Erasmus University Rotterdam
After the seminar, the guests attended a networking reception followed by a Chinese dinner. Honorary guests at the dinner were HE Mr. Wu Ken, Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of the People’s Republic of China in the Kingdom of the Netherlands, Mr Ahmed Aboutaleb, Mayor of the City of Rotterdam and Ms Shirley Lam, Special Representative for Hong Kong Economic and Trade Affairs to the European Union.
Press releases by other media
- Telegraaf – Stan Huygens Journaal (NL)
- Chinese Embassy article (CN)
- DutchCN article (CN)
- 52RTT article (CN)
- HK SAR Government Press (EN)
To see all pictures, click on the banner below.
Click on the presentation title to download.
|Mr. Vincent Boon-Falleur,|
|Mr. William Chui,|
Mr. Daniel de Blocq van Scheltinga, Polarwide Ltd.
Ms. Angelica Leung,
|Presentation: One Pager Sino-Benelux Business Survey 2017||Presentation: Hong Kong: Your Perfect Partner for Seizing Belt and Road Opportunities||Presentation: The Belt And Road Initiative: The Opportunity of the Century||Presentation: Sourcing Operations in Hong Kong|
Mr. Michiel Nijdam,
Port of Rotterdam
|Mr. Ewout Stumphius,|
Loyens & Loeff
|Mr. Tjard Westbroek,|
dr. ir. Ying Zhang,
Erasmus University Rotterdam
|Presentation: Rotterdam & the Belt and Road initiative. Make it happen.||Presentation: Belt & Road Initiative - Strengthening ties between the Netherlands and Mainland China Hong Kong||Presentation: The OBOR food opportunity. OBOR to satisfy the Chinese appetite||Paper: One-Belt-One-Road (OBOR) or Belt-Road-Initiative (BRI) — Matters Me, You, Here and There?!|